Albany NY Real Estate - Things to Do in Albany, NY
The Capital Region, NY - Tech Valley
Albany, NY is part of the Capital Region of New York that is comprised of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady counties. The Capital Region is also known as Tech Valley in recognition of all the high tech companies that are now calling the Capital Region home. There is a diverse population in the Capital Region and there are a wealth of interesting and fun dining, nightlife, theater and outdoor venues to keep everyone entertained.
Things to Do in Albany, NY
Dining, Night Life and Theater
- Cheesecake Machismo, 293 Hamilton St, Albany, NY – Prepare to be addicted. Over 500 cheesecake recipes in their arsenal.
- The Ginger Man, 234 Western Ave., Albany, NY – Notable wine list & rare by-the-glass offerings in cozy quarters with global fare & music nights.
- The Cheese Traveler, 540 Delaware Ave., Albany, NY – The Cheese Traveler is a customer service driven cheese shop in Albany, NY, located in the heart of the DelSo district, known for its funky shops, fine restaurants, art galleries, and film theater.
- Madison Pour House, 1100 Madison Ave., Albany, NY – 2-story watering hole with a rustic-chic vibe serving an extensive selection of beer & bar fare.
- Yono’s, 25 Chapel St., Albany, NYGlobal menu emphasizing Indonesian cuisine & a deep wine list in a refined, townhouse-style space.
- Jack’s Oyster House – Family-run for a century, this clubby fixture dishes surf ‘n’ turf amid dark wood & vintage pics.
- Black and Blue Steak and Crab, 1470 Western Ave., Albany, NY – Upscale surf ‘n’ turf meals complement the 3,000 wines served at this chic steakhouse.
- Speakeasy 518, 42 Howard St., Albany, NY – Craft cocktails offered in a cozy & sophisticated, throwback space with dim lighting & jazz music.
- Susie’s Pub, Cafe 217, 8 Delaware Ave., Albany, NY – A true neighborhood pub open daily 6pm-4am. Every day happy hour from 6pm-9pm with $3 pints. Tuesday test your knowledge at Trivia from 9pm-11pm.
- The Point Restaurant and Lounge, 1100 Madison Ave., Albany, NY – Unassuming American eatery & lounge sports a vast cocktail lineup in a welcoming, wood-lined space.
- Wolff’s Biergarten, 895 Broadway, Albany, NY – Bavarian food, beers & weekend brunch served at indoor picnic tables, plus European soccer TV.
- Capital Repertory Theatre, 111 North Pearl St. – Capital Repertory Theatre has a rich, local history of excellent entertainment and strong community relationships. Established in 1981, it came into existence through the dedication and perseverance of a group of Albany business, community and civic leaders. Donated labor, materials and expertise transformed the Grand Cash Market, an abandoned supermarket at 111 North Pearl Street, into what was to become the home of Albany’s first professional resident theatre.
- Palace Theater, 19 Clinton Ave. – The Palace Performing Arts Center is the premiere cultural, educational and entertainment venue of its scale in Northeastern New York and neighboring New England, featuring popular music, comedy and stage shows of all kinds.
- Spectrum 8 Movie Theater, 290 Delaware Ave. – Art deco theater with a mix of indie & Hollywood films plus baked goods & displays of local artwork. You will get real butter on your popcorn, fresh brewed popcorn and home baked brownies and other delights. Concession prices are reasonable.
Let's Get Some Fresh Air
Albany Has Plenty to Do Outdoors
Things to Do Outdoors
- Alive at Five, Corning Preserve – Alive At Five is Albany NY’s premiere summer concert series. Every Thursday evening in the summer, distinguished national, regional and local artists bring their best performances to Albany for this popular event.
- Washington Park – Washington Park is a haven for outdoor activity, including strolling, jogging, picnicking, fishing, site seeing, bird watching, you name it. The park is also a year round hotspot for many popular special events, displays and concerts. Washington Park is among the most beautifully sculpted and well-maintained parks in the Capital Region. It contains over 100 species of trees, including intriguing bonsai trees as well as gigantic oaks. The park itself spans 84 acres and provides a haven for an array of sports and activities.
- Corning Preserve and Bike Path – The Corning Preserve is a major destination for urban and passive recreation, enjoyed by local residents and regional visitors alike. The Corning Preserve is the City’s most direct outlet to the waterfront, offering opportunities for a variety of activity… hightlights include Jennings Landing, a favorite waterfront destination for festivals and entertainment, as well as a launch for boats and kayaks, a playground, many picnic areas and a restaurant for dining. Bike or hike along the multi-use Corning Trail and you will connect to the regionally networked Mohawk-Hudson Bike Trail. Summertime treats along the waterfront, such as listening to live music, boating and fishing, only compliment the simple enjoyment of taking in a view of the Hudson River.
- Jennings Landing, Corning Preserve – Jennings Landing at the Corning Preserve is home to an 1,000-seat amphitheatre which hosts numerous events from Spring through Fall. In addition, the visitors center houses an explanation of the Hudson River´s tides. The preserve features a bike trail and boat launch.
- Ice Skating at Swinburne Park – Skating Rink provides an all weather protected ice skating rink for City residents from December through March. Free parking is available at Bleecker Stadium (immediately next door to the rink.) The rink is available to rent out for private parties.
- Fourth of July Fireworks – The annual holiday celebration features live music and fun for the whole family including the best fireworks show in the region. Each year, more than 30,000 people gather to enjoy the day at the Plaza, which includes a naturalization ceremony, dozens of food and craft vendors, activities for kids, and an evening of live entertainment leading up to the big pyrotechnics show.
Click on the Photo to View all the Broker Listed Homes For Sale in Albany, NY
For information on the Albany City School District, click here.
To see what our clients have to say about us, click here.